ibaPDA - PDA2019-03
ibaPDA software release version v7.0.1.
This is the first available version of the new major version 7.
Registered users can download this new version in our download area.
For using ibaPDA v7 a new license is required on your dongle in any case also when migrating from v6 to v7. Please contact your regional iba representative on possibilities and conditions for migrating from v6 to v7. You will find your regional iba representative listed on our website (https://www.iba-ag.com/en/contact/).
Before using ibaPDA v7 please carefully read the New Feature Document for v7 describing new system requirements, dependencies to other iba products and the new time limitation of software updates.
ibaPDA v7 creates an improved dat-file format (see below). This means your whole iba toolchain used for processing dat-files (e.g. ibaAnalyzer, ibaDatCoordinator, …) must be updated to new versions before switching to ibaPDA v7.
What’s new in this version?
Main new features and improvements
- ibaPDA v7 generates dat-files with a new format providing several improvements:
- An improved compression rate of fast changing signals resulting in smaller file sizes.
- All text information is UTF-8 encoded allowing a mix of different languages in a single dat-file (e.g. Chinese & English).
- Dat-files can be password protected.
- Assigning higher module and signal numbers is possible (especially beneficial for ibaQDR applications).
- Files sizes up to 64 GB are supported now.
- The client & server versions don’t have to be the same anymore. Viewing of online data is always possible. Configuration dialogs can be opened and applied as long as no incompatible changes exist between the client and server version. In case of incompatibilities opening in a read-only mode is possible.
- The former technostrings have been replaced by text signals providing new possibilities of text processing:
- Text signals are analog signals of the type STRING and are part of a normal module.
- Text signals basically behave the same as other analog signals and can be used and addressed the same way.
- Mixing of text and numeric signals in a single module is possible for many interfaces (e.g. in the interfaces Generic-UDP and Generic-TCP).
- New functions for processing text signals in virtual modules are available such as ConcatText, TrimText, MidText etc.
- New text splitter modules for processing text via delimiters (e.g. *.csv format), as JSON or via fixed width of character ranges.
- Playback modules and the ibaQPanel offline trend graph support text signals
- Implement easily switching texts using the if or the new switch function with text signals
- A new view called “Watch view” is available for online data display in the client. In the watch view signals can be arranged in a list to display the actual value of multiple signals in a comfortable and handy way.
- Nearly all views in the ibaPDA client can now also visualize ibaHD live signals. This is especially useful for ibaQPanel applications. This way it is possible to create ibaQPanel solutions not only based on ibaPDA signals but also on HD signals.
- ibaQDR provides new features for hot rolling mill applications:
- A new reversing measuring location to model a reversing stand is available.
- A dividing measuring location to model scrap and dividing cuts is available.
- Product files can be generated on every measuring location.
- The Siemens communication processor CP1626 is supported. The CP1626 is the PCI Express successor of the CP1616. The functionality of the CP1626 is not identical to the CP1616 therefore a one by one substitution is not possible in all cases. The license ibaPDA-Interface-Profinet-CP (31.001350) allows you now to use both CP1616 and CP1626.
- ibaPDA has an integrated IEC61850 server (requires license ibaPDA-IEC61850-Server, 30.670052). Create your own data model via the supported logical node types GGIO, IARC, LCCH, LPHD, LTMS and RDRE. Up to 16 client connections are allowed in parallel.
- New data store types to stream data directly into external systems are available:
- Stream timebased data into Apache Kafka clusters and Microsoft Event Hubs (with Kafka support enabled). Continuous and triggered streaming is possible. The required license depends on the number of signals you want to stream (ibaPDA-Data-Store-Kafka-16/64/256/1024, 30.670160/1/2/3).
- Stream timebased data into the Siemens MindSphere cloud. Continuous and triggered streaming is possible. The required license depends on the number of signals you want to stream (ibaPDA-Data-Store-MindSphere-16/64/256/1024, 30.670180/1/2/3).
- A new interface to subscribe topic data from MQTT brokers is available (ibaPDA-Interface-MQTT, 31.001112).
- The OPC client interface now has a connection grid like all other interfaces giving you an overview about the status of the currently configured connections. Also a diagnostic module can be used to record status signals of individual OPC client modules.
For full reference on other included new features, improvements and bugfixes please download this new version and check the included version history document.
Registered users can download all documentation in our download area.
ibaPDA-Interface-MQTT (v1.0, English)
ibaPDA-SNMP-Server+ (v1.1, English, German)
ibaPDA-OPC-UA-Server+ (v1.1, English, German)
ibaPDA-OPC-UA-Client (v2.1, English, German)
ibaPDA-Interface-MELSEC-Xplorer (v1.2, English, German)
ibaPDA-Interface-Reflective-Memory (v3.1, English, German)
ibaQPanel (v1.6, English, German)